Ballinacarrig Mill is a detached multi-bay two- and three-storey former corn mill, built c.1810, with former miller’s house and outbuildings. The mill is located on the left bank of the Silver River, just upstream from Ballynacarrig Bridge. It is accessible from the main road via a laneway running parallel with the River.
The land surrounding the mill measures c. 1.80 hectares / 4.45 acres (Folio No. OY14351F). Ballinacarrig Mill survives as a reminder of the industrial heritage of the area and contributes to the architectural heritage of County Offaly.