Bogay House is a magnificent period residence, originally built C.1730 as a country house for the Duke of Abercorn. It is privately positioned with an attractive wooded avenue leading up to the front entrance.
This two-storey over basement house extends to approximately 7,000 square feet and is centrally positioned on over 18 acres of mature wooded grounds and parkland. Retaining many original features, the ground floor and first floor were used as a spacious family home until recently, with a full range of rooms in both the basement and attic areas requiring some refurbishment.
A stunning sandstone circular staircase connects all four floors and is just one of the many original features contained throughout this listed historic house.
Offered for sale furnished, with numerous pieces of antique furniture, this property would work as a fabulous spacious family home, as well as having great commercial potential.
– 10ft ceiling height throughout entire first floor
– Ornate plaster cornicing in numerous rooms
– Water supply from private well on grounds
– Ornate brick-built arched ceilings and flagstone floors in various basement rooms
– Ornate sandstone circular staircase
– 12ft ceiling height throughout entire ground floor
– Original windows with timber shutters
– Range of good quality sheds / garages
– Conveniently located (7km from Derry / Londonderry; 18km from City of Derry Airport and 4km from Newtowncunningham)