Castlelands Mill was built in 1790 of rubble stone walls and it’s use as a grain mill is still within living memory. There are attached ruins that are partially restored and one section is now a studio/workshop.
The mill sits on 3.4 acres and is bounded on one side by a small river. The property has its own well and spring as well as mains water, a pond and a stream, and a new biocycle waste system. The restoration of the house is nearly complete, with a new roof, floors and windows. It has been completely rewired.
There are four bedrooms (two on each floor), kitchen, lounge, bathroom (plus a second potential bathroom), library, linen room and hall.
The kitchen has an oil fired Aga and Belfast sink with stairs to the first floor. The lounge has a bespoke macra capra wooden floor with exposed beams and an open fire.
The library has wooden floors and ceiling with a door to the studio/workshop and stairs to the second floor. Partitions in the two upstairs bedrooms are unfinished.
The studio/workshop has a new roof, new windows and new wiring and has a 20 x 21.5ft room on each floor. There is also a solid fuel Stanley range ready to be installed. The outbuildings include a lean to shed and piggery.