– Georgian built estate residence approximately 300 yrs old
– beautiful orginal features
– overlooking the estuary of the blackwater river and ocean
– c. 12 acres of land with mature tress and gardens
– 2 self contained apartments within the main house
– 2 Self contrained apartments wtihin coach house
– OFCH and stoves throughout the house
– septic tank and well water
– BER Exempt – Protected Structure
– walled garden and court yard
– 2 stables, tack room and stone barn
Monatray House is a substantial Georgian country home dating from the early 1800s sitting in stately splendor with stunning views across Youghal Bay and onto the majestic Atlantic Ocean. The house on circa 12 acres has been lovingly cared for and meticulously and sensitively restored over the years by its present owner of 34 years. Its strategic position on the water’s edge with a gated entrance is approached through a tree lined avenue and is surrounded by its own lands and gardens giving you complete privacy offering a quiet and opulent sanctuary while taking in the amazing water views. There is the most impressive view of Youghal town.
The house itself opens onto a large hall leading to three reception rooms, with a library, music room, living room which have the advantage of the sea views, dining room, conservatory, kitchen and Utility with a total of five bedrooms, three of the bedrooms have the benifit of a sea view. Other rooms throughout the house include office, changing rooms and guest bathrooms.
Monatray House was previously run as a small hotel and has the potential to be brought back to a boutique hotel.
Its one of those very rare opportunities for the discerning buyer to purchase a gracious country home with convenient proximity only 5 minute drive to the N25, with Ardmore, Youghal, Cork, Dungarvan and Waterford routes and Cork International Airport close by.