The property was built in the grounds of Eyrecourt Castle and had been the home of Reverend Richard Eyre until 1872. This beautifully proportioned house and gardens is situated among ancient oak and beech trees on 22 acres of fertile pasture land and lawns. There is also an apartment with separate access via a staircase to a balcony with views overlooking the orchard. Contemporary updating provides a well insulated and spacious one bedroom apartment.
In addition, a re-awakening of a former cattle shed and herdsman lodge provides a three bed cottage (requires finishing). It is designed to enable reconfiguration by locking one of two doors to be either one ensuite bedroom, two bedrooms and bathroom, or a combination. This is an ideal letting unit with a high level of insulation and privacy.
The accommodation in the main house includes the entrance hall, reception room, lounge, library, dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, larder, laundry, boot room and three bedrooms. The Glebe has been authentically renovated, with feature fireplaces, plaster cornicing and ceiling roses beautifully preserved.
Every effort has been made to make this residence suitable for comfortable modern living. It has been re-roofed, re-plumbed, re-wired and insulated and has an efficient underfloor heating system. 4G broadband, central Beam vacuum, Siemens and Bosch kitchen appliances and various mod cons have been installed.
Farrow & Ball heritage colours, cast iron radiators, four oven AGA, limestone flagstones, a cast iron bath and a Belfast sink are some of the other features that go to enrich the ambience of this beautiful historic home. There are double glazed sash windows with restored shutters throughout.
BER Rating: Exempt